Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yeah, I know

I'm not very good at this blogging thing. I like to read blogs, but I don't seem to follow up with posting on this one very much at all.
Well, I'll try a little harder.
Here are a few things that have caught my attention the last few days.
1. My bootcamp experience was a lot different.
2. I wish I had this kind of time, money, and patience.
3. I think I've found the beginnings of my Halloween costume for next year.

Steve and I went to see No Country for Old Men last week. Wow, what a movie. Just about every actor does an outstanding job - Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Barry Corbin. Tommy Lee Jones is really funny as the tired old sheriff. Barry Corbin looks about 100 years old and very sad in his turn near the end of the film. And Javier Bardem is just plain psychopathic (that haircut is the icing on the cake).
The Coen boys have hit a home run here. I was really impressed with the calmness of this movie despite the fact that there is a lot of death and destruction. There is barely any music (that I noticed, anyway. John Williams DID NOT right the score.) and the film is quiet and yet sets an excellent pace. And, like many other Coen brothers movies, there is no typical Hollywood ending.
All in all, it is a masterful film.

No comments: